Thursday, June 24, 2010

FASHION REPORT with Brittany: Traveling


My name is Brittany and I am honored to be a guest writer for SOMW. My duties will include providing retail reports of what is selling, hot boutiques, and new trends. I’m off to Paris tomorrow and look forward to shopping and trend forecasting in the fashion capital of the world. I will also be visiting Florence, Athens, Mykonos, and Amsterdam, so I will provide detailed fashion reports from each city.

To begin my first post, I would like to discuss essentials for traveling. When traveling, it is important to bring proper attire, based upon which city you are traveling to. Going to Paris, a very stylish city, it is important to look your best. Knowing that I am a shopaholic, I limited myself to what I am taking with me, with the plan of shopping my ass off while in Paris and coming home with a whole new wardrobe. So I have to keep in mind that what I bring must be transitional and functional.

The first most important item is a good pair of boots. Boots are great for walking around in and will protect your feet from getting dirty. I am bringing a flat motorcycle boot because they look great with skinny leg pants as well as dresses and are easy to walk in. Most of the roads in Paris are cobblestone, so having a comfortable shoe is essential.
Mia Deputy Boot, $189.00 available at www.piperlime.com


A second fundamental traveling item is a great leather jacket. It gets cold in the evenings and a lightweight leather jacket is perfect to throw on over pretty much anything. I am bringing a military style leather jacket by Joie, that is supersoft lightweight leather that has rusty gold buttons going down the front.

Joie Dagney Leather Jacket, $638.00

A final traveling necessity is a cute swimsuit. It is summer time and I will also be spending some time in Greece, enjoying tanning in the sun. It is imperative to have a suitable swimsuit that looks good and doesn’t give you bad tan lines. This ruffled bikini by Undrest is an eye-catching poolside choice that is fashionable and sun-tan friendly!

Undrest Ruffled Bikini, $205