Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Raphaella Gesumaria - Halo in Heels





This Manhattan Native is an Angel for real. Read some of her words...

"I was scouted and started at 10 - then stopped to finish High School.  Was scouted again and then develpoed at Elite NY. Then I met Erin and Wendy at FentonMoon Media and loved them!!! I singed a contract with FM Media on July 27th of 2009.  July 29th, I started going on castings and the 1st one I went on was for DL1961 Denim and booked it. Next day was an Alexander McQueen casting and booked that and have been working for them ever since!" 

Must be tough, having just started modeling, being naturally beautiful and young and book these amazing jobs right away including for the late great, Alexander McQueen. She even works out with David Kirsch, trainer to Heidi Klum and Victoria's Secret. So maybe that has something to do with the Angel stuff we mentioned...

"My parents always raised me to give back as much as I get. I was blessed growing up and my mom always said, 'its not what you have, its what you do with what you have.' It's selfish of me to have cars and money and houses and vaction houses and amazing clothing and shoes and food and water everyday, and when I think about the people that don't have it, it makes me sad and I want to help give back as much as I get! That is only fair..."

Raphaella told us of an idea she has for a clothing line/charity company that she wants to start and we love it. We won't tell you the name yet but it will help Models who want to donate or volunteer and get active.

"I think it would be cool to have a swim line and have the season's money go to causes that need help with water like for ocean animals and the ocean itself.  I think a runway show during Fashion Week would be amazing and bring light to where the money is going to."

We at SOMW are so happy to join teams with Raphaelle in helping create Charity Opportunities for Models to be involved. Look for official announcements in the future. 

We are also lucky that Raphaella is now signed with CLICK in Los Angeles so we'll be seeing her much more! Enjoy this recent shoot you can find on Raphella's blog. 


Photography by Yulia Gorbachenko 
MUA & Hair: Anastasia Durasova
Stylist: Frances L Urrutia