Wednesday, April 14, 2010

LA Models' Sarah Tyer on Nutrition, Modeling, and SOMW.





If you follow the blog in our other cities, you would see that Sarah Tyer is very loved here at SOMW. She just moved from NYC and found her home with L.A. Models and is killing it here. (Today she is walking in a Nordstrom Show). Having shot with Bruce Weber for both Hollister and Abercrombie and Fitch is no surprise as she glows with her natural beauty in her photos. Other designers and jobs include Target, Rag and Bone, Lanvin, Monique Lulliher, Hayden Harnette, Elyse Overland, Chado Ralph Rucci, and Eli Tahari. Sarah is now officially part of the SOMW family and will be bringing us posts about nutrition and health which is a huge part of model's lives, especially in L.A.. Here's what she had to say about starting out modeling, nutrition, and her future...

"I never really considered modeling when I was growing up. I was very involved in sports and various activities, but never gave modeling a thought. It was suggestions by many family friends that "I should be a model" that made me look into it one day. After sending polaroids to agencies in New York with a positive response, I decided it was a once in a lifetime opportunity that everyone hasn't the chance to take advantage of. I have put college on hold for now to persue this career, but plan to continue my education as it is very important to me.
Healthy eating has never been something I have forced myslelf to practice. I remember one day in 7th grade when I decided I wanted to start bringing salads for lunch. I had changed and the rest was history! Since adopting my healthy eating habits, a whole healthy lifestyle has become a passion of mine. This is why I am so excited to learn new information and share it with others!"